FAU - The Parent Association
Parents are represented at the BISS Preschool through an elected parent association known as FAU (Foreldrearbeidsutvalget).
FAU provides invaluable support to the school in a number of different ways and gives parents the opportunity to get together in a friendly and social atmosphere.
Each preschool class elects one or two representatives to attend FAU meetings. These representatives’ co-ordinate social or curriculum activities for his/her class, or year group.
The Role of FAU:
- to assist the school in ensuring a safe and secure learning environment.
- to contribute to the school’s quality assurance systems.
- to assist the school in keeping the environment free from bullying.
- to facilitate social initiatives for students.to facilitate positive relationships between teachers and parents.
- to assist the school in communicating information.
The FAU committee usually holds four or five meetings each year and elects one person to represent them on the school's Stakeholder Committee. FAU representatives come together to discuss preschool initiatives and help identify how the FAU can support students and teachers in community action projects and social and community activities.
The Stakeholders' Committee
The Samarbeidsutvalg is the school's Stakeholder Committee, discusses key issues and initiatives for keeping our preschool a first class organisation. The stakeholders' committee comprises representatives from the parent FAU committees, teachers and the preschool's senior management team.
BISS Preschool FAU
BISS FAU can be contacted via their email address: BISSPreschoolFAU@outlook.com
The Preschool is a small, close community, not a massive institute. You feel like part of a family.