EYFS at BISS Pre-School
The objective of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is to recognise, develop and support children to express themselves in a wide variety of ways. This involves following a curriculum rich in play, exploration, language, movement, creativity, engagement, critical thinking and most importantly, exposing children to learning through natural settings and outdoors experiences.
The early learning goals form the basis of the curriculum for the Early Years Foundation Stage and are divided into 7 areas of learning and development:
- Personal, social and emotional development: making relationships, self-confidence and self-awareness, managing feelings and behaviour.
- Communication and language: listening and attention, understanding and speaking.
- Physical development: moving and handling, health and self-care.
- Literacy: reading and writing.
- Mathematical development: numbers, shapes, space and measure.
- Knowledge and understanding of the world: people and communities, the world and technology.
- Creative development: exploring and experimenting using various materials and mediums, developing ideas and designs from their own imagination.