MYP at BISS Gausel
The MYP (Middle Years Programme) is for students aged 11 - 16. The MYP is part of the International Baccalaureate continuum and prepares students for the two year Diploma programme or the two year Career-related Programme.
At this age students are establishing their identity and building self esteem, the MYP offers a well rounded education that helps our youngsters achieve success in school and in life.
Why choose the MYP and BISS?
In an MYP classroom at BISS, you will notice that the students are at the heart of learning. Our goal is to create role models for the future by teaching them tools for lifelong learning while fostering responsible attitudes that help our students discover how to use what they learn to take principled action.
We offer the MYP because it includes:
- rigorous learning objectives
- a framework of learning that encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers
- a student-centred approach to learning
- international perspectives
- concern for the whole child
- a focus on how to learn
- the development of flexible thinking that enables students to evaluate information critically and apply knowledge in complex, unfamiliar situations.
More information for parents about the MYP