Our Year Groups
Class Organisation School Year 2019/20
Classes are organised into three stages:
- Pre-School: 18 months to 3 years - UK Early Years Curriculum; 3 years to 6 years - IB Primary Years Programme in an Early Years Setting.
- Primary School: IB Primary Years Programme
- Secondary School: IB Middle Years Programme
Children whose birthdays fall between January 1st and December 31st of any calendar year are placed in the same year group.
For the academic year 2019/20, the year groups are as follows:
- Pre-School - for children aged 18 months to 6 years (2014 - 2018)
- Primary School - For children aged 6 - 11 years (2008 - 2013)
- Secondary School - For children aged 11 - 16 years (2004 - 2007)
The school aims to maintain an average class sizes of 18 to 20 pupils, and will employ a teaching assistant to support the class teacher where numbers exceed this. For Pre-School, Norwegian pre-school regulations apply.